Regional Job Openings
There are no Job Openings at this time. Please check back again to see if any new positions become available. Thanks!
Periodically, as job postings become available throughout the Presbytery, we will post them here for you with information of the locations, job titles, job duties and any other pertinent information.
No positions available at this time.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant / Financial Secretary
Location: Presbytery of South Alabama
- The Administrative Assistant/Financial Secretary shall be a person who loves God and evidences care and compassion for others. People skills are very important. Knowledge of office equipment and computer technology along with basic office skills will be needed for this position.
- Perform clerical functions for the Executive Presbyter, including typing, word processing, filing, routine correspondence, maintenance of the Presbytery calendar, answering the telephone and taking accurate messages.
- Preparation, duplication and distribution of Presbytery packets and minutes, Committee minutes and reports as required, supervision of duplicating equipment and other office equipment by others.
- Prepare packets for Pulpit Nominating Committees.
- Perform clerical services for Presbytery committees, members of churches, organizations and other Presbytery staff as directed by the General Presbyter.
- Greet and host visitors and committees; have snacks, refreshments, etc., for Committees as directed by the Executive Presbyter.
- Prepare announcements, letters, cards, notices of meeting, etc., for mailing. Maintain an up-to-date mailing list of all committees, church officers, ministers, etc. Maintain and print directories for all committees.
- Prepare statistical report on computer when due, order calendars and other materials that might be needed by the office or the churches.
- Maintain website.
- Be responsible for the ordering of all necessary supplies for the office of Presbytery.
- Supervise volunteers and part-time employees, as required.
- As Financial Secretary:
- Prepare and research all bills as they come due and write checks for same.
- Prepare checks for deposit and deposit all checks.
- Prepare and distribute all payroll checks.
- Attend meetings of Presbytery and resource Stated Clerk and Permanent Clerk in fulfilling their duties.
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office: 2 years (Required)
- High School Graduate or Equivalent (Required)
- Some College (Preferred)
- Good Secretarial Skills
- Bookkeeping and record keeping skills
- Computer and office equipment knowledge and experience